Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday, October 15, 2008






This morning we left Murrell's Inlet around 9:00 and arrived in Georgetown, South Carolina at 12:00. We traveled 8 knots. We were apprehensive to try and make it to Charleston, so we decided go the safe route and travel the shorter distance to Georgetown. Tomorrow will be the long haul to Charleston. The weather has been beautiful.
We had traveled many times to Charleston by car and passed through Georgetown. We always wanted to stop and now we finally had the opportunity to see what we were missing.
Georgetown is a quaint historical town with a deep south feel. Joey and I enjoyed the harbour walk. Dinner was not that great at a local restaurant, but hey you win some and you lose some when you dine out.
We docked at Boatshed Marina. The docking fee of $1.40 per foot was very reasonable and it has a beautiful view of the downtown area. The harbour is adorned with moored sailboats. I close with Happy Boating and please note about South Carolina a tidbit of information I was told by a local on the streets. The State Bird of South Carolina is a mosquito! I will post pictures of our day.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Ohhhh! I love the pics-keep those coming I really like looking at them. I think I finally have this thing firgured out! I am going to Mike's Farm tomorrow with the children in th fours-we are very excited. I'll try to send some pics. Hope you are having a great night-I will not check in in the morning-I will on the field trip. But, I will call you sometime tomorrow. Happy Boating!
OXOXOXOXOX
Teresa